- Anderson, Chester G. James Joyce and his world. Thames, .
- Beja, Morris. James Joyce: a literary life. Macmillan, ; Ohio State UP, .
- Beja, Morris && Ehrlich, Heyward. Light rays: James Joyce and modernism. New Horizon, .
- Berrone, Louis: ed. James Joyce in Padua. Random, .
- Bowker, Gordon. James Joyce: a new biography. Farrar, .
- Bradley, Bruce S. James Joyce's schooldays. Gill, .
- Cato, Bob: comp.. Joyce images. Norton, .
- Colum, Mary && Colum, Padraic. Our friend James Joyce. Doubleday, .
- Costello, Peter. James Joyce. Gill, .
- Costello, Peter. James Joyce: the years of growth 1882-1915. Pantheon, .
- Crivelli, Renzo S. James Joyce: Triestine itineraries. McCourt, John: trans. MGS, .
- Culleton, Claire. Joyce and the G-men: J. Edgar Hoover's manipulation of modernism. MacMillan, .
James Joyce remembered.
Solterer, Helen &&
Ryan, Alice: eds.
U College Dublin P,
Kelleher, Margaret: "Town and generation: the Currans and the Colums"
Campbell, Hugh: "C. P. Curran’s photographs of Joyce and Dublin: 'An untrustworthy composite doubly and trebly overlaid'"
Ferriter, Diarmid: "'the right to speak on behalf of Ireland': Conn Curran and the nation, 1917–22"
Solterer, Helen: "C. P. Curran in a personal vein: ghost photographer, correspondent, collector"
Fogarty, Helen: "A Joycean coda: modernism, memory, and the biographical impulse"
Roche, Eugene && Flanagan, Evelyn: "Annex: the Constantine Curran and Helen Laird Collection at University College Dublin’s James Joyce Library"
- Edel, Leon. James Joyce: the last journey. Gotham Book Mart, .
- Ellmann, Richard. James Joyce. Oxford UP, ; Oxford UP, ; rev. edn., Oxford UP, . The standard Joyce biography; arguably the best literary biography ever. Comprehensive, authoritative, exhaustive, obsessive.
- Ellmann, Richard. Joyce in love. Cornell U, .
- Faerber, Thomas && Luchsinger, Markus. Joyce in Zurich. Unionsverlag, .
- Fargnoli, A. Nicholas && Gillespie, Michael Patrick. Critical companion to James Joyce: a literary reference to his life and work. Checkmark-Infobase, .
- Fargnoli, A. Nicholas && Gillespie, Michael Patrick. James Joyce A to Z: the essential reference to the life and works. Oxford UP, .
- Fennell, Conor. A little circle of kindred minds: Joyce in Paris. Green Lamp, .
- Ferris, Kathleen. James Joyce and the burden of disease. U of Kentucky P, .
- Freund, Gisele. Three days with Joyce. Persea, .
- Freund, Gisele && Carleton, V.P. James Joyce in Paris: the final years. Harcourt, .
- Gebler Davies, Stan. James Joyce: a portrait of the artist. Davis, .
- Giedion-Welcker, Carola: ed. In memoriam James Joyce. Fretz, .
- Gilbert, Stuart. Reflections on James Joyce: Stuart Gilbert's Paris journal. Staley, Thomas F. && Lewis, Randolph: eds. U of Texas P, .
- Gillet, Louis. Claybook for James Joyce. Markow-Totevy, Georges: trans. Abelard, .
- Gorman, Herbert Sherman. James Joyce: his first forty years. Huebsch, .
- Gorman, Herbert Sherman. James Joyce: his first forty years. Bles, .
- Gorman, Herbert Sherman. James Joyce. Farrar, .
- Gorman, Herbert Sherman. James Joyce: a definitive biography. Lane, .
- Gorman, Herbert Sherman. James Joyce. Rev. edn. Rinehart, .
- Gorman, Herbert Sherman. James Joyce: a definitive biography. Lane, .
- Hartshorn, Peter. James Joyce and Trieste. Greenwood, .
- Hutchins, Patricia. James Joyce's Dublin. Grey Walls, .
- Hutchins, Patricia. James Joyce's world. Methuen, ; Routledge, .
- Igoe, Vivien. James Joyce's Dublin houses: & Nora Barnacle's Galway. Lilliput, ; Lilliput, , ebook.
- Joyce, Stanislaus. The complete Dublin diary. Healey, George: ed. Cornell UP, .
- Joyce, Stanislaus. My brother's keeper: James Joyce's early years. Viking, ; Da Capo, .
- Joyce, Stanislaus. Recollections of James Joyce by his brother. Mason, Ellsworth: trans. James Joyce Society, .
Leon, Alexis &&
Leon, Anna Maria &&
Crispi, Luca: eds.
James Joyce and Paul L. Leon: the story of a friendship revisited.
Crispi, Luca: "Contexts"
Noel, Lucie: "James Joyce and Paul L. Leon: the story of a friendship"
Crispi, Luca: "The story of the publication of The Story of a Friendship"
Leon, Paul L.: "On James Joyce"
Gallagher, Mary: "Paul Leon's 'Letters from Hell'"
Leon, Alexis: "'Living memories of James Joyce: Fifty Years On': a lecture at the James Joyce Society"
- Lyons, John B. James Joyce & medicine. Dolmen, .
- MacDiarmid, Hugh. In memoriam James Joyce. MacLellan, .
- Magalaner, Marvin && Kain, Richard M. Joyce: the man, the work, the reputation. New York UP, .
- McCourt, John. The years of Bloom: James Joyce in Trieste, 1904-1920. U of Wisconsin P, .
- McGinley, Bernard. Joyce's lives: uses and abuses of the biografiend. U of North London P, .
Mikhail, E. H.: ed.
James Joyce: interviews and recollections.
Delaney, Frank: "Foreword"
Monaghan, May Joyce: "A sister recalls Joyce in Dublin"
Byrne, John Francis: "James Joyce at Belvedere College"
Aylmer, Francis: "Reuben didn't admire James Joyce"
Byrne, John Francis: ""The white bishop'"
Byrne, John Francis: "'Diseases of the Ox'"
Sheehy, John, Judge: "My school friend, James Joyce"
Russell, George: "'An Extremely Clever Boy'"
Yeats, W. B. (William Butler): "'The Younger Generation is Knocking at My Door'"
Gregory, Lady: "'Joyce has Grit'"
Joyce, Stanislaus: "'Jim's Character is Unsettled'"
Gogarty, Oliver St. John: "James Joyce: a portrait of the artist"
Colum, Padraic: "James Joyce as a young man"
Beaslai, Piaras: "Joyce among the journalists"
Hone, Joseph: "A Recollection of James Joyce"
Svevo, Italo: "James Joyce in Trieste"
Savio, Antonio Fonda && Savio, Letiaia Fonda: "James Joyce: Two Reminiscences"
Bruni, Alessandro Francini: "Recollections of Joyce"
Nordio, Mario: "My first English teacher"
Poliaghi, Nora Franca: "James Joyce: an occasion of remembrance"
Schaurek, Eileen Joyce: "Pappy never spoke of Jim's books"
Budgen, Frank: "Recollections of James Joyce"
Beach, Sylvia: "How I published Ulysses"
Power, Arthur: "The Joyce I knew"
Lewis, Wyndham: "First meeting with James Joyce"
Wadsworth, P. Beaumont: "Visits with James Joyce"
Cody, Morrill: "James Joyce in the Twenties"
Beach, Sylvia: "Joyce's way of life"
Bulcher, Fanny: "Afternoon with James Joyce"
Hamnett, Nina: "I met James Joyce"
Huddleston, Sisley: "Joyce's birthday parties"
Wescott, Glenway: "At Lloyd Morris's party"
Hemingway, Earnest: "A drink with Joyce"
McAlmon, Robert: "With James Joyce"
Stephens, James: "The James Joyce I knew"
Reid, Robert: "I meet, in time and space, James Joyce"
Crosby, Caresse: "At a party with James Joyce"
Huxley, Aldous: "James Joyce in Paris"
Aldington, Richard: "We established no intimacy"
Antheil, George: "James Joyce"
Paul, Elliot: "A study of James Joyce"
Cunard, Nancy: "Visits from James Joyce"
Harmsworth, Desmond: "James Joyce: a sketch"
Anderson, Margaret: "James Joyce in Paris"
Porter, Katherine Anne: "I saw Joyce only once"
Jolas, Eugene: "Homage to James Joyce"
Soupault, Philippe: "Homage to James Joyce"
McGreevy, Thomas: "Homage to James Joyce"
Bliss, Arthur: "An encounter with Joyce"
Myers, Rollo H.: Joyce's fiftieth birthday"
Thomson, Virgil: "Joyce"
Nicolson, Harold: "James Joyce in Paris"
Griffin, Gerald: "James Joyce"
Stern, James: "James Joyce: a first impression"
Joyce, Giorgio: "The Joyces"
Reddin, Kenneth: "Worth half-a-dozen legations"
Colum, Mary: "James Joyce in Paris"
Lynd, Sylvia: "Some recollections of James Joyce: in London"
Gillet, Louis: "The living Joyce"
Curran, C. P.: "James Joyce as man and artist"
"Sisters of James Joyce Mourn for Two Brothers"
Power, Arthur: "Memoir of the man"
Gasser, Hans: "Joyce's burial"
Van Hoek, Kees: "I met James Joyce's wife"
Lennon, Peter: "James Joyce's 'nurse' remembers"
Monaghan, May Joyce: "Sister"
Joyce, Stephen: Ecce Puer"
- National Library of Ireland. A Joycean scrapbook. McSharry, Katherine: comp. Wordwell, .
- Nicolls, Martina. The Paris residences of James Joyce. Cambridge Scholars, .
- Noel, Lucie. James Joyce and Paul L. Léon: the story of a friendship. Gotham, .
- Norris, David && Flint, Carl. Introducing Joyce. Appignanesi, Richard: ed. Totem, . Despite its comic book presentation this is quite learned and well worth reading.
- O'Brien, Edna. James Joyce. Viking, .
O'Connor, Ulick: ed.
The Joyce we knew.
Fallon, William G.
- Pearl, Cyril. Dublin in Bloomtime: the city James Joyce knew. Viking, .
- Pierce, David. James Joyce's Ireland. Yale UP, .
- Pindar, Ian. Joyce. Haus, .
Potts, Willard: ed.
Portraits of the artist in exile: recollections of James Joyce by Europeans.
U of Washington P,
Bruni, Alessandro Francini: "Joyce Stripped Naked in the Piazza"; "Recollections of Joyce"
Benco, Silvio: "James Joyce in Trieste"
Suter, August: "Some reminiscences of James Joyce"
Borach, Georges: "Conversations with James Joyce"
Frank, Nino: "The shadow that had lost its man"
Soupault, Philippe: "James Joyce"
Hoffmeister, Adolf: "James Joyce"
Vinding, Ole: "James Joyce in Copenhagen"
Parandowski, Jan: "Meeting with Joyce"
Gillet, Louis: "Farewell to Joyce"; "The living Joyce"
Mercanton, Jacques: "The hours of James Joyce"
Giedion-Welcker, Carola: "Meetings with Joyce"
Ruggerio, Paul && Paul Léon: "James Joyce's last days in Zurich"; "In memory of Joyce".
- Pound, Ezra && Joyce, James. Pound/Joyce: the letters of Ezra Pound to James Joyce, with Pound's essays on Joyce. Read, Forrest: ed. New Directions, .
- Power, Arthur. Conversations with James Joyce. Hart, Clive: ed. Barnes, ; U of Chicago P, ; Norris, David: fwd., Lilliput, .
- Pritchard, David. James Joyce: A Biography. Geddes, ; (The Irish writers), Mercier, .
- Quinn, Edward. James Joyce's Dublin, with the selected writings from Joyce's work. Secker, .
- Sullivan, Kevin. Joyce Among the Jesuits. Columbia UP, .
- Svevo, Italo. James Joyce: a lecture delivered in Milan in 1927. Joyce, Stanislaus, trans. New Directions, ; City Lights, ; City Lights, ; City Lights, . City Lights, .
- Zapico, Alfonso. James Joyce: portrait of a Dubliner. Prendergast, David, trans. O'Brien, . Written in Spanish and illustrated by Alfonso Zabico.